Thursday, July 31, 2014

Updates

I’ve got this problem where once I buy ingredients I basically am done with that brew.  In my head I’ve moved on to what I want to brew next.  It’s not that I never brew anything , I’m always brewing, but for instance, right now I still have the grains and hops for an IPA which I have yet to brew.  I am planning on brewing it this weekend but I already have my next brews in planning.

Since it’s getting a little cooler (eventually) I wanted something a little better suited for cool weather and the fall.  In the past I brewed up a Sweet Stout that I was really happy with.  I’m going to re-brew this, hone in on some things with the recipe and then do some experiments.  I’m planning on 3 gallons, one to bottle normal, one to have pumpkin spices added to it (I always say I’m never going to do another pumpkin beer yet every year I want to do one) and one with captain crunch.  That’s right, captain crunch.  I was at Ballast Point and they take their Victory at Sea beer and “dry cereal” it with captain crunch and call it Victory at Cereal.  It is delicious and crazy at the same time, so I’m going to have a go at it.

The next beer I’m planning was a suggestion from SWMBO.  She asked if I had ever done a brown before.  I have, and to be honest, find the style pretty boring to brew.  But then she had the genius idea to do an oatmeal cookie beer ala Cigar City.  So that got the wheels turning and I did some research on reddit and homebrewtalk and I think I can pull it off.  I’m going to do 3 gallons of that, bottle one plain, one as an oatmeal cookie (vanilla and cinnamon) and I’m also going to give a PB&J beer another go.  I’m going to use PB2 again, but boil it this time to prevent an infection like last time.  I’ll also add some raspberries and see how it turns out.


That’s what I’m thinking for the next couple of weeks but I’m already looking further into the future.  Oktoberfest, RIS, Saison…

No comments:

Post a Comment