Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Citrus Honey Wheat

I'm finally moved into the new place and that means one thing.  I can brew again!  I've been itching to brew for the past few months but I couldn't so instead I've been coming up with recipes.  The first one I'm going to try is a Citrus Honey Wheat.  I'm going for an easy drinking, clean, bright citrusy beer.  A good introductory beer for people who don't drink beer that much.  Not to mention something for the ladies. :)

With that being said, here's the recipe for a 2 gallon batch

3 lb 2-row
1 lb wheat malt
0.25 lb honey malt

0.25 oz Citra (15 min)
0.25 oz Citra (10 min)
Zest of an orange and grapefruit (5 min)
0.5 oz Citra (Flameout)

I want it to be right around 5% but I haven't perfected mashing BIAB on the stove top so I'm guessing it's going to be a little higher than that.  Clean ferment with WLP001 and this should be good to go in a few weeks.  
image
image

No comments:

Post a Comment